Your next company: Fast-growing and award-winning global distributor | Electronic Hardware
It is a global distributor of electronic hardware (microchips, motherboards, components, and so on) and they disturbed the industry for the past 8 years. Grew from 0 to 1 billion in revenue, having currently almost 400 FTE worldwide and receiving numerous awards (most innovative product, best provider, and so on).
Besides having a marketplace and traders, they grew famous as a digital supply chain solution provider. They are recognized as a global top 10 player for the automotive, computer, consumer electronics, and Telco industries.
Currently, they have global distribution centers on 3 continents supported by 20 offices in 12 countries and their portfolio exceeds more than 3 million electronic hardware offers. They also have 45+ partners (OMRON, NVIDIA, Nexperia, 3M, and more!) with whom they can create tailor-made solutions for their clients.
Your next job: Field Application Engineer | Solution bringer
As their Field Application Engineer, you will complete and support their sales team in Munich. You will be responsible for increasing average deal values by providing technical expertise, product demonstrations, and exceptional customer service. You will act as a bridge between 3 different parties, namely their sales team, customers, and partners.
Whatever their clients need to produce their latest designs, you will find a solution that will help them. Electric cars, fridges with LED screens, 5G network, or anything in between. Your solutions are the missing pieces.
That could be MCU (both hardware and firmware), electromechanical and passive devices (relays, connectors, resistors, and so on), IoT, or wireless technologies (WiFi, Bluetooth, and so on). Sometimes ready to be traded by their partners, sometimes it is tailor-made solutions. From design to production!
In this role, you will have the flexibility to coordinate between those parties and work with the latest products within the automotive, computer, consumer electronics, and Telco industries. You are able to set the example as their Field Application Engineer. If this position is done well, a new team can be built! An entrepreneurial mindset is required, but managerial ambitions could be very interesting, don’t you think?
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop and execute effective pre-sales strategies and tactics that drive revenue growth and customer satisfaction
- Provide technical expertise on their products and services, ensuring that prospective customers have a clear understanding of their offerings and how they can meet their needs
- Conduct product demonstrations and presentations, highlighting the key features and benefits of our products and services
- Work with the sales team to identify customer pain points and provide effective solutions to meet their needs
- Manage and respond to RFPs and other technical documentation requests
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and partners, ensuring their satisfaction and loyalty to their brand
- Continuously update your knowledge and expertise on their products and services, as well as industry trends and best practices
- Attend trade shows and other events to represent our brand and engage with potential customers
- Provide feedback to the product development team on customer needs and market trends
What is required?
- 5+ years’ experience as presales, solution engineer, or field application engineer
- Experience with electronic hardware is a very strong plus
- Able to communicate and do business on different levels (C-level to application designer)
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset for business development and explore sales opportunities
- Willing to travel to clients and prospects, and work as the single point of contact in the DACH region
- An engineering diploma is required
What is being offered?
- Salary: €100K (75%/25% split)
- HQ: Munich
- Region: EMEA (traveling up to 30%)
- Industries: Telco, computer, consumer electronics & automotive
- Business development in pre- & post- sales stages
- Supporting sales team in Munich to close bigger deals
- Working with partners such as 3M, NVIDIA, and Nexperia to create new components for the latest products or to accelerate product development
- Help clients such as BMW, Movistar, or PSA with dedicated in-house design & engineering team
- Using self-developed digital tools to improve supply chains